The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Between the Covers with Ramsey Campbell

Some of my work is appearing within thirty pages of a piece by Ramsey Campbell, which is not something that happens to me every day, or to him either, I suspect. The Ghost Story Society has done me the honour of including in the latest issue of their journal, All Hallows No.43, an article of mine about Robert Aickman's story "The Hospice". The journal is a rather substantial one, with over three hundred pages incorporating an appreciation of Henry James' ghost stories which almost tempts me to have another try at reading the flabby old fusspot; an interview with Dan Simmons, whose historical horror novel The Terror (reviewed elsewhere in this issue of All Hallows) is one of the very best things I have read in recent months; various ghostly fictions by divers hands; and Campbell's regular column, "Ramsey Campbell, Probably", which treats this time of the wonders of Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki. There is considerably more besides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home