The Curmudgeon

YOU'LL COME FOR THE CURSES. YOU'LL STAY FOR THE MUDGEONRY.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

How Even More Pleasant to Know Mr Dacre

How pleasant to know Mr Dacre
Whose Mail rings out press freedom's call!
I swear on the bones of my Maker,
He really should not die at all.

At libellous blogging and jesting
He'll make sure you're free not to laugh.
His minions' speed is arresting:
Not more than a year and a half.

It takes an old-fashioned muck-raker
To keep the Press honest and fine -
So who better than Mr Dacre
To keep Mr Dacre in line?

He's as fine and clean-living a Tory
As ever said word that was true -
I'm sticking to that as my story,
Because I don't want him to sue.

How pleasant to know Mr Dacre,
His liberties' champion so brave!
Should he ever report to his Maker,
I'm sure I won't shit on his grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home